Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. -- Mark Rippetoe

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

I'm not going to bother with the food blog for 12/31 through the rest of the weekend because, let's face it, it's not pretty. Despite the cheat eating the last few days, I'm feeling good regarding workouts lately and am really looking forward to the start of the Paleo challenge at the gym.

12/31/09 Workout

Although deadlifts are by far my favorite lift, I have managed to miss every deadlift strength day since the Games due to a combination of ridiculous work schedule and bad luck. So, I decided to make up for lost time and finally do some heavy sets.

Deadlifts 5-5-5+
65-75-85% of 90% of 1 rep max
1 rep max = 350

205 - 236 - 268(10)

The last 4 reps of the max-rep set were a grind. I wasn't getting the glute activation on a couple and really had to throw my shoulders back to finish off the lift. It was a hell of a challenge, though, and I'm glad I pushed through to get that many reps.

I was still congested from being sick, so instead of a metcon, I worked on items from my "Suck List."

Muscle Up: finally got one again after losing it for about a month

Butterfly Pull Ups: 5 - 3 - 3

Double Unders (just trying to string some together): 6 - 3 - 5 - 8

No comments:

Post a Comment