Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. -- Mark Rippetoe

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So Anxious

I'll be working in London from January 18 - 29, and I am petrified.  I know that sounds bizarre, but my fear arises because every trip I take to London ends up hurting my progress.  We end up working long hours which precludes trips to the hotel gym or the London CrossFit boxes, and the food choices in the UK are, in a word, horrendous.  Perfect recipe for Sectionals prep, right?

1/12/10 Workout: 6 AM

January 12th marked my embarking on my 6 AM Odyssey, in which I will try to fit at least 2 6 AM classes into each week.  Rudy challenged me to make the commitment and to post it, so here it is.  My work schedule has made consistent attendance at the 7 PM classes next to impossible, so the only way to keep up training is to throw a couple morning classes into the mix. 

2k Row

8:39.4

Pathetic.  My previous 2k row times were 8:16 and 8:06, so this is terrible for me.  My CNS was fried from the CrossFit Total less than 12 hours before, but I still shouldn't have sucked so badly.

1/15/10 Workout: 6 AM

Snatch Balances
53 x 3, 73 x 3, 83 x 3

3 Rounds (3 min rest in between)
20 pull ups - 30 push ups - 40 sit ups  - 50 squats
Time: 3:34 - 11:03 - 18:17
Breakdown per round: 3:34 - 4:39 - 4:14

The most pull ups I was able to string together was 17, which isn't great but was better than what I expected given that this was my first pull up workout in over a month since battling the bicep injury.  Push ups were broken up, but I made sure every one was legit (chest to ground -- freaking slamming the ground if need be). 

As for diet, I'm keeping my food log in a notebook and will probably add periodic posts to this blog, but the blog won't be the primary logging point since I can't update this at work.

Fingers are crossed that the London trip isn't a big step backward...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Em. Ugh, this must be so tough for you. It's not an easy situation you have to deal with but we all have confidence you will make the most of it and still put up amazing performances at Sectionals. Hopefully you get back on track after returning from London and peak at just the perfect time to crush everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, JJ! I can't tell you how much that means to me. I need all the confidence I can get these days!

    ReplyDelete