Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. -- Mark Rippetoe

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blech

I have gone downhill since Tuesday, health-wise. I keep trying to convince myself it's just allergies, but the swollen glands, sore throat, and aches beg to differ. Despite all this, I was at the office til about 8:30 last night and will probably be working all day from home today. Maybe I'll be able to get a light workout in or just work on some skills this afternoon.

12/30/09

Diet


Due to feeling lousy, it was a battle to eat anything. I tried to keep stuff relatively clean, though.

Breakfast
1 cup blueberries
1 cup mango slices
1 bottle gingerberry kombucha

Lunch
1 peanut butter gnu bar

Afternoon Snack - apparently I have not lost my appetite for chocolate
Coffee with some hot cocoa mix poured in and 1 ounce of 2% milk
3 pieces of Christmas chocolates (those little foil wrapped things in the shape of Santa, a present, etc.)

Evening Snack
8 smallish shrimp with a bit of cocktail sauce
1 small Fuji apple

Dinner - Courtesy of the fiance's improvisational skills. He makes all kinds of dishes he tastefully refers to as "slop" that are basically just fantastic things thrown together into a skillet. They are magnificent, although my sea bass the night before still wins.
4 oz top round beef slices spiced with garlic and cayenne pepper
~2 eggs (maybe more like 2.5) scrambled
1 cup yellow and red peppers

1 comment: